It was a relatively quiet week for most North American riders despite a pair of C2 races in Northampton as well as Lift Lock Cross in Canada. This biggest race of the weekend was the Canadian National Championships which were won by Michael van den Ham. Geoff Kabush was second followed by Marc Andre Fortier in third. In the US, Curtis White dominated both days of racing at the Northampton International. Spencer Petrov finished second both days. Jack Kisseberth finished third on Saturday and Sam Noel finished third on Sunday.
Here are this weeks rankings:
- Jamie DriscollDriscoll took another weekend off as he gears up for the last few weeks of racing before Nationals. We are already considering him a podium threat for nationals, but we will see how his form is in the coming weeks.
- Jack KisseberthKisseberth returns to the rankings after a relatively long absence. He raced both days in Northampton finishing third on Saturday and fourth on Sunday. He was in the mix bth days and if he continues to improve, he could be a podium threat for the rest of the season.
- Justin LindineLindine moves up a few spots after entering the rankings last week He was fifth on Saturday in Northampton, but failed to finish on Sunday. Lindine is quickly becoming a regular top-five rider and podium threat.
- Lance HaidetHaidet is one of many riders on the list who did not race this past weekend. He has been very consistent this season and should remain a top-five contender.
- Tobin OrtenbladMuch like Driscoll and a few other riders on this list Ortenblad started off the season strong, cooled off a bit and is ramping up for a strong last half of the season. It’s about a month until Nationals and it will be interesting to see how his form is.
- Spencer PetrovPetrov returned to the rankings a few weeks ago and proved he belongs with a pair of second place finishes in Northampton. He should remain a podium threat for the rest of the season.
- Gage HechtHecht is taking some time off after a great first half of the season. Look for him to be right in the mix this weekend.
- Michael van den HamAs we predicted, Van den Ham took home the Maple Leaf jersey on Saturday. He backed that up with a fourth place on Sunday. He’s the best Canadian rider right now and one of the top North American riders.
- Kerry WernerAfter dropping to the number two spot last week, Werner took a break this past weekend. He visited his family and did a local race, which he dominated. Werner looks super strong and will most likely win at least one day this weekend.
- Curtis WhiteWhite won both days in Northampton and is ready for a showdown against Werner this weekend in New York. White is on fire as of late and continues to show why he’s the Pan-American Champion and the one of the top riders in North America.