As the North American season nears the midway point, most of the riders in the rankings took the weekend off. However, there still was plenty of UCI racing to be had. 19 year old Gunnar Holmgren took the win both days at Sherbrooke CX in Canada. Likewise, Kerry Werner took the win at both days of DCCX in Washington, DC. Both events featured two days of UCI C2 racing. This upcoming weekend, most of the riders on this list are back in action at Kings CX in Ohio. There’s also UCI racing in New Jersey at HPCX. Like this past weekend, both races offer two days of UCI C2 racing.
Here’s this weeks rankings:
- Michael van den HamAfter a brief break to rest and train, Van den Ham is back in action this weekend at Kings CX in Cincinnati. We still look forward to November where he will race on home soil for the Pan American Championships (Pan Ams) and Canadian Nationals. This weekend will be a good indicator of where he is at.
- Jeremy PowersPowers continues to rebuild his form a head of a return to racing in November. He’s taking another weekend off from racing to heal up and train.
- Anthony ClarkClark will be a top ten contender this weekend in Ohio. Look for him to crack the top five on one of the two days.
- Tobin OrtenbladIt’s time for a bit of rest for Ortenblad. While we know he’s gunning for nationals in December, this well timed break could see him contend for the podium at Pan Ams in a few weeks.
- Lance HaidetVirtually everyone on this list is headed to Kings CX this weekend and Haidet is no exception. He has a shot at the podium both days and will definitely be in the top ten.
- Stephen HydeHyde continues to rest and recover after his nasty crash at Trek CX Cup. We are still hoping he can return in time for Pan Ams, but that remains to be seen. His absence has let some other riders shine, but once he returns, that may not last very long.
- Jamie DriscollDriscoll is having a great season. We wouldn’t be surprised if he lands on the podium or even picks up a victory in Cincinnati. He seems like he is racing at top form right now.
- Gage HechtHecht is another rider we can see winning this weekend at Kings CX. He’s a clear podium threat and should be in the lead group both days.
- Curtis WhiteAfter a pair of victories in Gloucester, White took a quick break before heading to Kings CX this weekend. He’s a clear podium favorite. It will be interesting to see how he does against Kerry Werner. Both riders are clearly on top form right now.
- Kerry WernerAs the only rider on this list to race this weekend, all eyes were focused on Werner and DCCX. Saturday was a bit of a nail-biter as Werner beat Eric Tompson by nine seconds. Sunday was a different story as Werner beat Travis Livermon (who finished third on Saturday) by over a minute. Werner heads to Ohio this weekend to see if he can continue his winning streak.